The latest "Inside the Vault" newsletter is now live on the Fallout 76 / Bethesda Blog. In it, players and fans learn the first details about the upcoming Survival Mode. According to the post, this new mode is based on community feedback from players who want "greater challenge, fewer restrictions and more incentives when it comes to PvP combat".
To that end, when players log to the main menu, they will be offered Adventure of Survival modes. New characters can be created for one type of server or ther other.
Here's what Survival mode embodies:
- all players but teammates or event group mates are flagged as hostile
- players can be attacked or attack without restriction
- level scaling will be in play
- respawn will be at a player's CAMP
- double caps will be the reward for killing another player
- "each of your deaths is more devastating and every kill you rack up much more lucrative"
- there will be leaderboards
Patch 5 is still on track for the end of January.
Check out the full post on the Fallout 76 / Bethesda site.