In August, both Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2 will be going free to play according to an announcement on the official forums. As a result, the final subscription will be assessed at the end of June prior to the transition in August.
As of August 2014, Asheron’s Call and Asheron's Call 2 will no longer charge a subscription fee for players. The last payments will be processed on June 31st, making July the final “paid” month. Note that this means some players will technically receive some portion of July free as a result, as we have decided to absorb the cost and not run partial payments to cover it. Other important information for the transition:
- After the transition, new accounts can be created with a one-time $10 purchase through our normal sign-up page
- We will no longer be performing MSN Zone migrations after May 31st (click here for more information regarding MSN Zone Migrations)
- Any inactive subscriptions that players wish to access after the transition will require a one-time activation fee of $10 via the myaccount website
- Note that after the transition, help requests will only be available regarding harassment issues or account assistance with the $10 one-time activation purchase.
- The AC forums will remain up and available
We also wanted to provide an update regarding “community” servers. Our current plan is to offer the first player run server packages and to open up our player run server sub-forums by the end of the year. Our first offering will be a basic AC1 server and client download. We expect the first offering to be light on documentation, as it is intended for enthusiasts with experience in setting up servers and dealing with networking. While set up instructions will be offered on these new sub-forums, this initial offering will be intended to be used in conjunction with the forums to allow the community to begin the process of running servers and creating documentation for that process.
Participate in the discussion on the Asheron's Call forum.