New pirate MMO, Ultimate Pirates, is now available for browser by developer Moonmana and Grafit.
The names behind Ultimate Pirates include folks who have contributed to video game titles by Activision, Bethesda, CD Projekt Red, and the like.
“Gameforge is excited to welcome Ultimate Pirates to its growing portfolio of high-quality games,” said Alexander Rösner, CEO of Gameforge, in a press release.
“Moonmana is an amazing partner with a very experienced and skilled team. With Ultimate Pirates, we look forward to seeing our players hoisting their Jolly Rogers and starting exciting sea-faring lives in the quest for gold and glory!”
Key features include:
- Real-Time Multiplayer PvP: Face off against fellow seadogs in intense naval battles that require a keen sense of strategy. Your fleets can be combined with your allies’ to intercept other pirates or legendary creatures to plunder their riches and weaponry
- Make Ye a Matey: Form alliances with players all around the world to explore interesting locations, share the spoils of battle, and avenge your fallen mates
- Beware of Beasts and Scoundrels: In addition to matching wits with other players, lead the charge against NPC enemies and multitudes of mythical creatures. These foes are always looking for a fight… or a bite to eat!
- Create a Seafaring Empire: Use resources acquired from battle and raids to develop your own pirate and swashbuckler island, customizing everything from its ports and roads to buildings and shipyards
- ArrrrrR…PG Elements: Create a legendary pirate by leveling up your fleets.
A Windows version is also in the works to be released at a later date TBD.