During last night's Chicago Cantina presentation, Star Wars: The Old Republic devs announced "Onslaught", a new expansion coming to the game. Darth Malgus is back and is in command of the Sith fleet as it prepares "a devastating attack on the Republic". Players will be able to choose to try to stop him, or to help him.
Facts revealed during the presentation:
- players will visit Onderon, a location filled with "vicious monsters, blaster-toting barbarians, scheming nobles"
- players will visit Mek-Sha, a new planet to the SW universe - it is "a crossroads of the galaxy, a lawless port full of smugglers, gangsters, refugees, and cargo runners"
- a new Flashpoint will come on Corellia
- Dxun, a moon of Onderon, will be the site of a new Onslaught
- Nautolans will be a new playable race
- the level cap will increase to 76 "with every Advanced Class receiving a new ability along the way"
- gear will be overhauled and new set bonuses will be added alongside a new item type. "Spoils of War is our plan to make gearing out your characters more fun, more accessible, and more customizable"
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Onslaught will launch in September for free to subscribers. There will be a separate purchase option for those who are not.
Read more on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.