The Dark Descent, aka Game Update 6.3, available today for Star Wars: The Old Republic. This update brings the first of the Galactic Seasons, which is basically the battle pass, and brings daily weekly objectives to complete for rewards.
Patch notes for The Dark Descent went live yesterday, and you read a summary of that here. New today is the trailer for this Game Update 6.3 which went live later yesterday. You can check it out below:
As mentioned, the big thing with this update is Galactic Seasons. This means a battle pass which contains a subscription tier and a free tier. Each season will include 100 levels of rewards, as usual for any battle pass.
You’ll be able to progress through this pass by completing daily and weekly objectives. You’ll also be able to find these objectives with a special icon. Each reward level requires the same amount of season points to progress and unlock. This means going from Level 1 to 2 requires the same points as going from Level 99 to 100.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a battle pass without rewards. To that end, several Free tier and Subscription tier rewards are available. For example, the free rewards include:
- New Kubaz Companion Character: Altuur zok Adon
- Premium Adon Companion Gifts
- Gifts for Altuur zok Adon which grant a large amount of Influence.
- Seasonal Armor Set
- Silver Cartel Weapon Crate
- Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market weapon from a selection of previous Cartel Market Weapons currently not available for direct purchase.
- Silver Cartel Armor Crate
- Contains 1 full Silver quality Cartel Market armor set from a selection of previous Cartel Market Armors currently not available for direct purchase.
- Silver Cartel Mount Crate
- Contains 1 Silver quality Cartel Market mount from a selection of previous Cartel Market Mounts currently not available for direct purchase.
- Galactic Season Tokens
- Special Tokens which can be traded to Ki’at Thavo, the new Galactic Seasons Vendor located on the Fleet.
- Seasonal Decorations
- Seasonal Title