You can grab the event from the Events Tab. There are a few ways you can earn progress through the event. You can compete against other players to build and launch a Phonix rocket. Alternatively, you take part in a new boarding event back in time on April 4, 2063.
The event also contains a new event patrol, called One Night in Bozeman. Event rewards include a First Contact Day Badge Box, and First Contact Day Event Grand Prize which contain:
- "Console – Universal – Temporal Vortex Probe (Account Unlock)
- Inspired by Borg technology, this probe is capable of opening a dangerously unstable Temporal Vortex that can travel through local space to damage and debilitate enemy vessels in the area.
- The drone will travel toward the targeted foe's current location, dragging the anomaly with it while emitting chroniton radiation in a large cone facing away from its trajectory.
- This console also provides a passive boost to Exotic Damage and Cooldown Reduction for Temporal Operative Bridge Officer Abilities, as well as a scaling bonus to Turn Speed that scales with Auxiliary Power.
- This Console can be equipped in any console slot on any starship.
- First Contact Day Bundle – contains all of the following:
- 1x Captain Specialization Point (cannot reclaim)
- 25,000 Dilithium Ore (cannot reclaim)
- “Launch Toy Rocket” Social Device (Account Unlock)
- Holo-Emitter – Phoenix Shuttle (Account Unlock)"