The chart breaks down chapters of the release across quarters for 2018, 2019, and 2020 into the following components:
- Whitebox Narrative – convos, scenes, key moments. Not fully functional
- Whitebox Playable – building systems from previous step into chapter.
- Greybox – all primary and ancillary story moments and interactions. Almost complete feel
- Production – brought to more releasable state. Mechanics completed and implemented
- Polish – iron out stability, etc.
The post cites,
“But look at what they accomplished in 2018Q4. They planned THREE Whitebox Narrative and TWO Whitebox Playable (which has already been done when the roadmap released). They finished only ONE Whitebox Narrative and delayed the others.”
Looking at Q1 2019 proves more damning,
“They planned EIGHT Whitebox Narrative, TWELVE Whitebox Playable, and TWO Greybox. What do we have now? SEVEN Whitebox Narrative and THREE Whitebox Playable. Over half of 2019Q1's work was delayed.”
However, as Q4 2019 is drawing to a close, the chart still shows “2019Q3 in progress.” This doesn’t take into account any leftover unfinished work from Q2 2019 either.