If you’ve been curious to jump into Star Citizen and check out Alpha 3.14, now your chance. The Free Fly event is currently underway.
Star Citizen holds free fly events every so often giving you the chance to hop into the game and see what’s new. This free fly event is currently ongoing and will run through August 27. You have the rest of the week to download, install, and check it out.
This free fly event will give you access to six ships including the Anvil Arrow, MISC Prospector, Crusader Mercury Star Runner, Consolidated Outland Mustange Alpha, Origin 100i, and the RSI Aurora MR. If you’re interested in downloading and checking it out, head over here.
This free fly event brings the 3.14 content with it. This means you’ll be able to check out the recently released cloud city Orison and the gas giant Crusader. If you missed our coverage on that, you can catch up here.
Alpha 3.14 also brought about several bug fixes when it released including:
- Player friends list in game should no longer be capped at a maximum of 50 players
- The Loading screens should no longer be enlarged and zoomed in on aspect ratios higher than 16:9 (i.e. 21:9 and 32:9)
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Player’s cursor to get stuck on the game screen
- Player emotes should now correctly play through slash commands and the inner thought wheel
- Fixed an issue causing purchased carryable items to disappear very quickly after they are dropped or placed on the ground
- Quantum Traveling to a party member close to a planet surface should no longer sometimes cause the player to fly into the planet