Star Citizen Alpha Patch 3.6.0 is now live, bringing with it a host of updates.
In a post on their website, developer RSI goes into great detail of what is new in Alpha 3.6.0. For example, the law and criminality system has seen a complete overhaul.
“Law is enforced in a jurisdiction system with the main jurisdiction for the Stanton system being UEE, which tracks and enforces federal offenses. Regional jurisdiction is specific to a given area (ie. Crusader, Hurston) which police their own misdemeanors and have their own rules for control substances and unique security forces. The rules and crimes for each region will be listed in the mobiGlas “Journal” for that jurisdiction and are updated as you move through the regions.”
Ships have also received a hover mode, which will, “automatically engage near planetary surfaces with atmosphere below a certain velocity threshold.”
“When engaged, ships will swap to VTOL thruster modes, which will include alternate thruster configurations when applicable. When in hover mode, the ship will hover level until the player gives an input. Pitch forward/backward will result in moving forward/backward and roll will result in lateral movement. If the ship attains enough forward velocity it will automatically switch to rear thrust driven forward flight.”
Additionally, shields have been completely reworked to further differentiate between manufacturers and classifications.
A host of bug fixes have been implemented, including:
- Missiles should now be able to be counter-measured appropriately.
- Fixed missing thruster damage VFX for the 300 series.
- Ship controls for the Nox should now animate when strafing.
- IFCS sounds for coupled/cruise should now work for all ships.
- Customized 325a’s should no longer have mismatched cargo holds.
- Strafing should now animate on the Cutlass HOTAS.
- The HUD should now properly update when changing fire-mode on the KSAR Scalpel.
- Players should no longer get stuck inside of ArcCorp rooftops when they go prone.
- Players should now be able to vault or mantle from a crouch.
- Players should no longer be able to force pass out by jumping.
For the full details of Alpha 3.6.0, check out the full post linked above.