Star Citizen’s Alpha patch 3.13.0 has released into the wild bringing several new features into the mix. There are also a host of known issues to watch out for. Here’s what’s new in this latest update.
Several anew features are introduced with alpha 3.13.0 including hull visual degradation, vehicle name and serial numbers, ship to ship docking v1, reputation – UI implementation, object push and pull, and mounted gun aiming T0.
A bunch of features received updates as well including character customization, caves entrances – drive-in and sinkhole, new asteroids, refinery station non-commercial room overlays, Stanton System polish, Degnous Root Harvestable, in addition to a swathe of gameplay updates.
Also addressed were ships and vehicles, weapons and items, and core tech. A bunch of bugs were squashed including
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause large, moving polygon spikes around Hurston
- Audio over VOIP should no longer be significantly quiet and hard to discern in the mix, for both proximity chat and party channels
- Fixed multiple asteroids and rocks in areas inside and out of Grim Hex where players could clips through them and get stuck
- Fixed low gravity that was occurring inside some of the underground facilities
- And more
Some known issues include
- Bed logout may cause an infinite loading screen when rejoining the PU (Character Reset may be required to fix)
- Picking up a weapon on the floor can break some animations such as leaning, crouching & jumping
- Abnormaly long delay between pick up storing of fps mineables/harvestables/items
- Client may crash when loading a second player into a server in Arena Commander
- Cannot refuel or rearm at New Babbage, services claim to be unavailable
- And more
You can read the Alpha 3.13.0 patch notes here. Elsewhere in the Star Citizen universe, the all-digital CitizenCon was announced for October 9. And recently, Star Citizen crossed over $350 million raised in crowdfunding.