Webzen has announced that Shot Online is heading to Steam in celebration of its 14th anniversary. The classic golf game will arrive on January 22nd and will provide competitive players with something "more than just an online sports game". Webzen will continue its robust development cadence and will be "supporting new players by providing various packages that contain valuable items".
Unique kind of golf game
- RPG-based full 3D sports simulation hybrid game.
- Character leveling through training in-game.
- Team competitions offered for earning game currency.
- Item exchanging and quests, and other community events outside the game.
- Periodic competitions and tournaments are supported.
- Gallery mode for reviewing great shot and more.
- Extensive chat support offered, to enhance community interaction.
Realism make true simulation possible
- Proprietary physics engine, which translates into a realistic golf course interaction and overall gameplay.
- Ball movement is accurately affected by ground conditions, physical dynamics and environmental factors, such as the wind, weather and temperature.
- Motion capture of real swing taken from a Korean PGA golfer
Check out the Shot Online Steam page for more information.