It's Ship Showdown and its free fly event time again in Star Citizen. You'll be able to test fly the top eight ships selected by the community over the next week, all while the community votes for their favorite.
If you're not familiar with the Ship Showdown event, it's an annual celebration where players in the community vote for their favorite ships and vehicles that will be available to fly or drive. Participants can continue voting for their favorite vehicles or ships throughout the event, and a winning vehicle will be named on September 15th to close things out.
Of course, celebrating the ships and vehicles of Star Citizen wouldn't be complete without a Free Fly event. Both new players and existing ones will have free access to the Elite Eight finalist ships during the Ship Showdown event.
As a bonus for existing players who own any of the top four ships when the votes are counted, there will be some exclusive rewards, like in-game exclusive paints. The number one winning ship will get an in-game model statue awarded to all backers, even those who don't own the ship.
This year's participating ships that you can test out for free during the week are:
- The Aegis Redeemer gunship
- Origin 600i Explorer, a popular luxury ship that can serve several roles
- The multi-crew explorer Anvil Carrack
- Crusader Mercury Star Runner, a regarded courier vessel suitable for galactic transport
- Bi-wing, with mounted turret, RSI Scorpius
- Freight transporter Argo RAFT
- Light cargo hauler Aegis Avenger Titan
- The small, but exploration ready Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition
The event is live now and will run through next Thursday, September 15th. You can test out any of these ships and vote daily for your favorite.