The latest Vendetta Online newsletter has been sent that includes information about what the team has been working on for the last month. This time, several ships have been overhauled and reintroduced to the game, engine and gameplay changes will be coming soon, updates have been made to the Daydream VR version as well as continued work on the Oculus Rift implementation and, lastly, that an iPhone version is nearing the testing phase.
We've been working on some of these projects for a few years, as part of our push towards re-designing the game galaxy and allowing for more intriguing gameplay:
- Nebulae clouds, fog volumes.
- Impostor rendering and other enhancements to allow much greater scene complexity.
- Battle and ship debris, that can be scavenged for goods and items.
- Substantial changes to lighting, contrast, color correction and other visuals on the PC.
- More diverse usages for NPCs, pirates, etc.
- Sweeping changes to economics, distribution of ores and minerals, and the layout/structure of systems and sectors, aka the "universe redux".
All of this is part of our movement towards release onto Steam, and shipping an upcoming Named Expansion of Vendetta Online.
You can find out more on the Vendetta Online site.