Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games have announced that the Shai class will be making its way into Black Desert Online on June 26th. From today through launch, players can pre-create and customize their Shai's look. When the 26th rolls around, those who pre-created a Shai will also receive "an exclusive accessory, an in-game title, as well as several convenient items" that will help her along the way.
Those who reach level 50 with their Shai and log in for at least seven days between now and July 3rd will earn a free copy of BDO.
Shai uses Florang, a giant boomerang, as her main weapon for combat. An alchemical sub-weapon, Vitclari, is used to protect herself and allies. Due to her small size, she is fast and nimble when evading and attacking enemies. Specializing in life skills, Shai starts off with Professional levels in Alchemy and Gathering. Her major skills are:
- One-Two-Three: Shai’s basic attack using the Florang, which can be thrown up to three times.
- Eat This!: Shai recklessly throws her Florang in the direction she wants. This is her longest-ranged Florang skill.
- Come Out, Come Out: Shai reveals hidden enemies around her using her lantern. This is an excellent skill to protect allies against Ninja and Kunoichi players but can also be useful when defeating certain powerful monsters.
- Over Here!: Shai creates a shielded area that protects her allies, making it a great skill to keep your allies safe.
- Play Dead: Shai pretends to be dead, which is very useful to fool her enemies into thinking she is not a threat. This skill is only effective against players; monsters will always see through this ruse.
Learn more on the Black Desert Online site.