Starborne, a sci-fi MMORTS from Icelandic developer Solid Clouds, is hitting open beta on April 2. Here are the details.
It’s described as a massively multiplayer real-time sci-fi strategy game where you build your empire alongside thousands of other players and wage war for control of the galaxy. The press release boasts some stats of the game, including 180,000 registered players after 77,000 days or 211 years of game time played.
Several key features were announced, including,
- A new map with zones that encourage expansion and empire building
- Three distinct victory conditions catering to different play style –
- Military, Industrial and Domain
- Improved game performance and stability
- Improved game pace and increase to a 10 week game round
- Alliance size reduced to 15
- For the very first time, an in-game Tutorial
- An android Companion App preview
- Mysterious alien artefacts, vortexes and broken planets are now on the frontier
- Badges to commemorate your progress and your achievements on the frontier
- Brand new Empire Skins and Map Pins make the map come alive
There will also be three ways to “win” including Military conquest deep in the galaxy, industrial superiority, or domain by controlling the most amount of space. If you’re interested in the game, check out the official site here.