If you and your pards want to take on small-scale battle royale, Rockstar has you covered thanks to today's addition of Gun Rush in Red Dead Online. During the match, thirty-two players face off against one another to gather weapons and ammunition as the map steadily decreases in size. The goal is, of course, to be the last cowpoke standin'.
Rockstar also detailed a number of additions to the Online portion of the game including the Races and Showdown game modes as well as other alterations based on player feedback.
Players can look forward to:
- Daily Challenges that can be "anything from sharpshooting to evading the law"
- Law & Bounty upgrades that should "reduce the enticements for griefing". Criminal types will get a bounty and "will be incentivized to pay them off within the allotted time". If not, then they will be fair game for others to hunt down.
- Parley Changes to make it easier to trigger to "avoid aggressive players more quickly".
- Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds will be easier to trigger
- Proximity-Based Player blips
Over the course of the year, Rockstar also plans to add new missions "to build on your Story in A Land of Opportunities; new Dynamic Events; new competitive modes, weapons, clothing and more.
Check out the Red Dead Online site to learn more.