After The Division 2 players found a poster at the Lincoln Center in the game that seemed to be hinting at a Viking-themed Assassin's Creed, the rumor mill has spun up again with leaked screens and information about what's being called Assassin's Creed Ragnarok. As with Odyssey, the game will have a focus on ship-based raiding and looting in the seas from the North Atlantic to the English Channel.
Here are some of the leaked features:
- open world discovery with fewer marked quests to encourage exploration
- Denmark, Sweden, Finland and the UK will be featured, with Iceland to appear in a DLC
- each country is considered a Kingdom, with Kingdoms split into regions and settlements than can be customized
- RPG mechanics with the title role being a character named Ragnar Lodbrok
- conquest battles will return
- cooperative gameplay will make a return
- Ubisoft Montreal is the primary studio making the game
There are not many more details, but a number of screenshots that appear to be from a pre-alpha build were uploaded to 4Chan, which you can visit if you dare, or you can head to ResetEra.com or GameRant.com.