RUMOR: Harry Potter Open World, 3rd Person ARPG in the Works
A new, rather grainy video has surfaced that purportedly shows footage from a Harry Potter action-RPG in the works. YouTube poster "RastaPasta" has also included a lengthy description of the rumored game providing details including that it is an open-world, third person game that is set at Hogwarts in the 19th Century.
Other tidbits of information:
- players are "newly arrived 5th year students"
- events take place in the Forbidden Forest
- players work with Professor Elezar Fig
- both familiar and new locations
- potion crafting, learn new spells, meet "fantastical beasts"
- fight "Dark Wizards, Goblins and other supernatural enemies"
- 8 different Wizard types
- "countless possibilities to master magic"
- open world exploration
- choose to pursue good or evil
- "an all new story separate from the books and films"
The quality of the video suggests the person posting it filmed something he or she was watching on another screen.
Check out the rather grainy video and file the rumor away pending the release of any "official" information.