Red Dead Online has been updated to bring the Evans Repeater -- an oldie but a goodie from Red Dead Redemption -- and the new Fool's Gold free roam event into the game. Players taking part in Fool's Gold will get to fight it out to see who gets to wear the stylish gold lamé armor. Those who take down the strutting cowpoke will get to strip it from the corpse and strap it on for their own trip down the runway.
In addition to Fool’s Gold, there are a range of other Free Roam Events regularly taking place across the five states in the Red Dead Online Beta:
- Cold Dead Hands: Fight for control over a target for the longest amount of time.
- Competitive Challenges: Compete to get the highest score in a given, randomly-selected challenge within a set time limit (currently includes Bow, Headshot, Horseback, Longarm, and Sidearm Kill Challenges).
- Dispatch Rider: Posses compete to be the first to deliver a horse to the assigned destination.
- King of the Castle: Compete to gain and maintain control of the castle area by staying alive inside of it - whoever controls the active area for the highest percentage of the event time wins.
- Master Archer: Compete to score the most points by hitting the most targets as accurately as you can within the time limit.
Everyone who checks in to RDO will receive a special care package in thanks for taking part in the open beta. It includes a nice variety of ammo and other in-game goodies.
Check out the Red Dead Online site to learn more.