Christie Golden, author of more than a few World of Warcraft tie-in novels as well as some Starcraft novels, has joined Blizzard Entertainment. Tweeting out the news, Golden informed her followers that she is not at liberty to disclose her job title or description, but that she was happy to be working for the company with which she's had so many dealings with in the past.
Ok, so, I'm told I can tell where my new job is, but not what I'm doing. I'm working for @Blizzard_Ent , and I couldn't be happier! :D— Christie Golden (@ChristieGolden) May 15, 2017
Some of her works include (thanks, WoWhead!):
- World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
- World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde
- World of Warcraft: War Crimes
- Warcraft: Durotan: The Official Movie Prequel
- World of Warcraft: The Shattering: Book One of Cataclysm
- World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- Warcraft: Lord of the Clans
- World of Warcraft: Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
It will be interesting to find out what Golden is involved with at Blizzard -- hopefully more and deeper development for World of Warcraft characters.
Golden has also penned tie-in novels for other IPs including Assassin's Creed, Halo and Star Trek Voyager.