The good folks at Steparu have posted a fairly extensive first-look preview of ChangYou's Project Z, a forthcoming "medieval style" MMORPG that is currently in closed beta testing in China. When, or if, it is slated for release in the West remains unknown. However, a few nuggets of information and a LOT of videos are included in the preview.
Here's what we know:
- it appears to be inspired by games such as ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark and considered a "classic" MMO
- features include dungeons, fishing, ocean-based gaming, housing, farming and more
- CBT customization options were limited
- no gender-locked classes
- tab-target combat
- quest helper is included with an "autorun" feature to take you directly to a location or NPC
- open world, but not seamless
- "field quests" similar to Guild Wars or FFXIV FATE
- planned mobile cross platform to mobile devices
- assets used from other games including Skyrim, World of Warcraft, etc.
Hopefully the final notation in the list above indicates placeholders are being used. If not, it will be unlikely to be released in the West due to copyright issues.