The PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds site has been updated with a new letter from the producer with some big news for players: the Erangel map is getting a massive visual upgrade to give it "the same level of polish as our more recent maps". The goal is to give Erangel more realistic scenery and terrain. The upgraded map should be available on the Test Server starting today and running through June 11th. It will be available on live servers later this summer.
PC Test Server Availability: 6/6 8:00 p.m. – 6/11 8:00 p.m. (PDT)
- Operation plans by phase
- Phase 1: 6/6 8:00 p.m. PDT ~ 6/8 8:00 p.m. PDT (48 hours)
- Partner Custom Matches only
- Only the updated Erangel and normal Custom Match mode are available
- Only official PUBG partners from each region can create Custom Match sessions, but all players can join the lobby to play
- Phase 2: 6/8 8:00 p.m PDT ~ 6/11 8:00 p.m PDT (72 hours)
- Public and Partner Custom Matches available
- Only the updated Erangel map is available. Quick Join is also available.
- Squad mode only. FPP only in North America and TPP only on Asia servers.
- All players can participate
Check out the full letter on the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds site.