PlanetSide 2 has launched its latest expansion today, Escalation. Here are the details.
Escalation is a new expansion which brings new features including Outfit Wars - new end-game content for PS2’s unique MMOFPS guild system and a new War Asset system that adds strategic depth and variety to Outfit play. It also includes the cross-empire Sanctuary Social Hub, and the looming Bastion Fleet Carrier, a massive interplanetary aircraft that can now be called down to the battlefields of Auraxis.
“We are excited to provide the PlanetSide 2 community with an expansion that rewards our most dedicated players; past, present and future,” said Andy Sites, Executive Producer on the PlanetSide Franchise for Rogue Planet Games in a press release, “The new seasonal tournaments for dedicated Outfits, Cross-Empire Social Zone, and a meta-changing War Asset System add even greater depth and scale to PlanetSide 2’s unique all-out planetary warfare gameplay.”
The War Asset system will allow guilds to craft the following:
- Bastion Fleet Carrier: This massive interplanetary fleet carrier features mannable turrets, ship-mounted artillery cannons, an interceptor launch platform, and mobile vehicle respawn points
- Steel Rain: A coordinated platoon drop pod assault onto a target location
- Citadel Shield: A sturdy projectile-blocking bubble shield the size of a small outpost
- A.N.V.I.L.: Airdrop a ground vehicle of your choice on demand
- Orbital Satellite Uplink: Radio in an Orbital Strike anywhere on the battlefield
You can read our interview of Escalation here where we sat down with Rogue Planet Games to talk about their recent 17 year anniversary and more.