It's been a year since the release of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire and Obsidian Entertainment is celebrating with the v5.0 update that includes a new ship UI, story updates and the Final God challenge. The patch further marks the official release of the turn-based combat option that can be chosen if desired. For those who love tabletop gaming, a revised set of the Pillars of Eternity ruleset is also available as a free download.
Update 5.0 Features in detail
- New Ship UI - An update to the UI has been implemented that will come up any time players engage with a ship on the seas that brings a more elegant way to ship-to-ship encounters.
- Turn-Based Mode Out of Beta - Thanks to feedback from the community, Obsidian have made a lot of changes to turn-based mode to account for bugs and balance fixes and it is now in full release with the 5.0 patch.
- New Story Content Added - After listening to feedback on the critical path of the game when it came to reactivity with Woedica and Eothas, Obsidian have been able to go in and write new lines and get them recorded by the original actors to add more to that aspect of the game.
- The Ultimate - The final God Challenge will be live with the 5.0 patch. This challenge, “The Ultimate” will turn on all other God Challenges, Trial of Iron, Path of the Damned, and Solo mode.
- Revised Paper Rules - This can be downloaded by visiting eternity.obsidian.net. Those who had the PnP starter guide as a digital reward through the Fig Campaign, or those who have the Deluxe or Obsidian editions of the game will also get the updated rules.
- Ultimate God Contest - Those who complete the challenge and show Obsidian proof through either a YouTube playlist of their playthrough, or links to videos via Dropbox (all submitted to email@example.com), can have the chance to get a patch sent to them from Obsidian. The first 12 to complete the challenge will get a patch, but will also have their name, their character’s name, their class and level, engraved on a plaque in the Obsidian offices*.
Check out the Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire site to learn more.