In the latest hour and a half developer roundtable, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen’s Game Designer David Beach sits down with Ben Walters to chat crafting and harvesting, and as always, they address some looming questions from the community.
The roundtable was eye opening, as always as Beach gave some insight into what players might see in the game eventually, and how crafting and harvesting will actually work. Some notable tidbits of information are:
- Boats and ships will not be available on launch, but they do plan to put them in the game at some point.
- Old equipment can be sold, traded, or salvaged, but there are other things players can do with old equipment not yet announced.
- Crafting and Blacksmithing is not mandatory for players, however, some situations may require assistance from player crafters
- There will be some specializations within crafting professions.
- End Game Crafted items are planned to stand side by side with end game loot drops
These are just some of the points that were touched on over the course of the conversation. You’ll certainly want to listen to the entire 86 minutes for full details on crafting, harvesting, and more. You can also check out some of their previous roundtable chats, as they are always rich with information on how Visionary Realms’ continued development of Pantheon is progressing.