If you’re still playing Outriders, you’ll know one of the longest standing issues of contention within the community has been Legendary drop rates. Well, a new patch is on the way and will effectively double Legendary drop rates.
The patch, release date unknown, is on the horizon and is and will bring changes to Legendary drop rates, address sign-in issues, and more. But unquestionably, the legendary drop rate changes are the biggest update by far.
The notes were posted on Reddit and include:
- Legendary Drop Rates, across the board, will be increased by 100%
- Legendary Level Brackets will be removed, so that all Legendary items can drop at any level.
- Previously, some items could only drop from enemies of certain levels or above. For example, the Ugake Cowl could only drop from enemies of level 48 or higher.
- Legendary Anti-Duplication System will be implemented
- This system will mean that if a character has an item in their inventory or stash and a duplicate item is rolled, the dropped item will be re-rolled once.
- Note that this system does not guarantee that every drop will be unique. Rather, it is designed to provide a second roll at avoiding a duplicate.
- Scripted Boss Loot (Chrysaloid, Yagak) will be able to drop all non-class specific Legendary Helmets
- This change will improve the variety of items in the Campaign.
- Previously, these bosses would only drop a selection of Legendaries (the same pool that was available in the Demo as well as the Cannonball Helmet).
Additionally, the Luck system will see improvements. Sign-in issues will improve the backend system to reduce sign-in times. The Reddit thread also provides a list of known issues. Outriders had a pretty rocky start and suffered myriad issues like the inventory wipe bug and matchmaking times. If you’re still playing it, sound off with your thoughts below.