Old School RuneScape is making the jump to mobile devices thanks to the start of the Android members only beta test. The iOS version is still in development, but should land later this summer. "No sign-ups are needed, you just need to head to the Old School RuneScape application on the Play store". Downloads are expected to become available later today.
- Only supported Android devices can download the application: all devices with Android Lollipop (5.0) or later.
- EXCEPT for: Google Pixel C, and Huawei P8 Lite. There are issues with the performance of Old School RuneScape on these devices.
- Membership is required to be able to log in to Old School RuneScape. Players without membership will be met with the message: The Old School RuneScape Android beta requires membership to play.
- There is an install limit which caps the number of downloads. Access is first-come first-served, but we'll be expanding the number of installs regularly, as and when we're confident in the stability of the test.
- Currently you cannot make payments (whether for membership or bonds) within the application, or using your Google Play balance. This is still under development.
- Players with access to the current closed test will continue to access Old School RuneScape.
- We haven't yet decided whether we'll make the open test accessible to players without membership. It'll depend entirely on what we learn throughout the open beta!
- The Old School Mobile Testing Forum has been opened to all Members, and we strongly encourage you to use that to report bugs, provide feedback, and troubleshoot any other issues you might have!
- Join the discussion using #OSRSMobile on Twitter, or include 'OSRS Mobile' in your title on Reddit!
Check out more details on the Old School RuneScape site.