The latest experimental branch patch for No Man’s Sky prevents NPCs from getting stuck.
Just a few days ago, Hello Games released the Frontiers update to No Man’s Sky. This new update brought about a massive overhaul to base building. It also introduced planetary settlements which allowed you to become the town’s overseer. If you missed the details on that update, you can catch up here.
Since then, the No Man’s Sky team at Hello Games have been working on sorting out the kinks introduced in the update. One such issue was NPC navigation which could lead to crashing. Other fixes include:
- Fixed an issue that caused some small settlement buildings to have an additional construction stage that did nothing.
- Fixed an issue that caused settlement debt payoff rates to be calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the build menu grid hints to still be active when loading a different save.
- Fixed an issue that could cause pilots to fail to navigate around their ship after landing on a planet.
- Fixed a crashed related to the ByteBeat UI.
- Fixed a threading crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Oxygen Harvester to appear in the wrong group in the build menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the wooden material from appearing in the base part recolour UI.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the base building menu to be overly jittery.
- Fixed an issue that caused the base building menu to be too close to the part being placed.
You can read the full notes and learn how to participate in the experimental branch here. Prior to the release of Frontiers, Hello Games’ Sean Murray looked back on five years of No Man’s Sky. You can read about that here.