Amazon Game Studios has just released a notice on the official New World forums outlining new details on how server transfers are going to be dealt with going forward, after several rounds of free server transfers and server merges, focused on merging low population servers. In addition to the paid transfers, players will now be able to transfer regions as well.
Have you been playing New World on a relatively low population server, and you’re ready to get into some enormous faction-based battles, but you’ve already used your free server transfer? Well, you’re in luck, as of April 25th, 2022 you’ll be able to spend 14.99 to initiate your next server transfer. There are, of course, some limitations to where you can transfer. Here’s everything you need to know about server transfers:
- Each paid transfer token will allow you to also switch regions
- Players will need to use their free tokens, or any held tokens, prior to purchasing a new one
- Some busy worlds may not allow the transfer and be marked as “Full” or “No Transfer”
- After using a transfer, there is a 24-hour cooldown period before you can transfer again
- Character progression, weapon mastery, titles, faction alliance progress, inventory and storage, all currency, quest progress, and housing will be transferred with you
- Players will need to leave their company and cancel their trading post orders prior to transferring
- There is a level 25 restriction to region transfer, and region transfers will be allowed for players that own housing
The development team for New World has recently stated that, aside from the region transfers, they are committed to fixing bugs, adding quality of life features, and really focusing on getting the PvP aspects of the game, right. Despite the thousands of bugs AGS has fixed up to this point, they have a long way to go to convince players to come back for another try. Hopefully the next update, which goes live on April 25th, alongside the new paid transfers, will be a major step in the right direction.