Entering Elite: Dangerous as a new commander can be a daunting experience, but Frontier has plans for that. On April 23rd, a new Beginners' Zone will debut that is considered a training ground of sorts for those just joining up. It can only be accessed by new pilots "until they earn their first Combat, Trade or Exploration rank". Missions will be handed out "that even the smallest of Sidewinders can complete".
Also included in the April 23rd update:
- Advanced Docking Computer module
- Supercruise Assist module
- two additional size one Optional Internal slots for small ships, while medium and large ships will receive one
- Navigation Tab revamp
- Pilot's Handbook that is "a treasure trove of information"
- Trading Screen Improvements
- Interstellar INitiatives aka "community events"
Check the full details on the Elite: Dangerous site.