The Escape from Tarkov Facebook page has been updated with a new blog post detailing how the team is working to prepare for closed beta testing. Several key features are in the works, many nearing completion, and are cited as goals for the commencement of CBT.
The team's current projects revolve around:
- optimization and solving the identified issues as well as improving and optimizing animation systems, equipment, internal modules and so forth
- quests will be coming soon with work currently focused on implementing trader tasks and quests to assist players with making money, getting rare rewards and earning resources
- "insurance" for those who participate in raids to avoid loss of gear during a failed raid
- loot and economy including a barter tool, medicine and rebalancing existing systems
- new weapon customizations
- a new location that is expected to ultimately be twice as large as the Woods area when complete, though it will start small and be added to over time
- general chat channel improvements
- bug squashing
You can read the full update on the Escape from Tarkov Facebook page.