Perfect World has sent word that the latest chapter in the ongoing Neverwinter saga is now available for XBox One and PlayStation 4. The Heart of Fire brings Acquisitions Incorporated characters into the game to take part in an original campaign penned by Penny Arcade founders Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik.
Acquisitions Incorporated’s new residence inside Protector’s Enclave allows adventurers to own a workshop as a base of operations for the overhauled Professions system. Other updates in this module include class balancing, dungeon chests and loot experience improvements. Find details about these updates to Neverwinter below:
- The Heart of Fire Storyline - The minds behind the popular Penny Arcade games and gaming culture webcomic lend their wit to the latest Acquisitions Incorporated storyline. Become a member of the infamous company of adventurers and engage in questionable activities alongside Omin Dran (Jerry Holkins), Jim Darkmagic (Mike Krahulik) and Walnut Dankgrass (Amy Falcone).
- New Campaign: Acquisitions, Incorporated - It’s not all dressing up as 11-eyed monsters and coasting through the brisk skies on the company airship. The newest campaign levels up with the player and puts an emphasis on acquiring items including new boons and access to the new endgame Skirmish.
- New Skirmish: Manycoins Bank Heist - Beyond the internship stage of their tenure with Acquisitions Incorporated, players will be given the opportunity - nay, the duty - to defend the Manycoins Bank vault from Zhentarim intruders seeking riches of the realm. Surely, there is good pay in protecting the Protector’s payload.
- Professions Overhaul - The Seven Suns Coster Market acknowledges certain adventurers’ acuity to the economic arts - and now beginning at level 20, players may now own a workshop, hire artisans to gather resources and craft items in the reworked, more personalized Professions system.
- Salvage and Dungeon End Chest Changes - Astral Diamonds given as rewards has changed! Earn the coveted currency directly through dungeon delves as well as completing content. Dungeon Chest Keys will no longer be required to open chests and have been converted into tokens for free end-of-dungeon rerolling. This may also be done with Astral Diamonds. Finally, the Salvage feature has been phased out with this update.
- Class Balance Updates - In a continued effort to ensure the game is fun for everyone and each class is viable, a wide variety of changes have been made to class powers and general balance. Check the official Neverwinter blog for patch notes and more details.
- Loot Experience Improvements - Much of the loot gathered throughout the Forgotten Realms is now automatically added to a player’s inventory when they are in close proximity. Need/Greed rolls still pop up as needed. Fewer treasure (vendor loot) items drop and other less-desired loot no longer drops.
Learn more on the Neverwinter site.