Mortal Online 2 officially launched, and between the demand and some errors, it was a launch marked by some frustration. However, Star Vault released a day one patch addressing some issues, and promised to get a new patch tested and live soon to address the login and crash issues after warning players to not leave Haven until the fix has been applied.
According to an update from the devs, the patch is being tested, so it will be on the way. Due to the issues, Mortal Online 2 will see its subscription fees postponed temporarily. A patch released yesterday addressed some of the issues:
- Fixed issue with the client crashing after roughly 20 minutes in the login queue.
- Fixed crash in HUD when clearing the split stack popup.
- Fixed crash when clearing extra effects on weapons (for example torch fire).
- Fixed crash related to preloading game content on startup.
- Fixed crash in HUD when updating the list of stabled pets.
- Fixed a rare crash related to getting information about another player.
- Fixed a rare crash in HUD when unequipping items.
- Fixed a rare crash related to updating player velocity.
- Fixed one of the Huergar beards being broken on a lower LOD.
- Fixed Wisent foot-placement when moving.
- Fixed a lot of landscape and terrain issues.
Mortal Online 2 is available now on Steam at 10% off! We are also postponing the start of our monthly subscription, so no extra cost for the first month!https://t.co/H6ZovCh7XD#gamedev #mmo #mmorpg #mortalonline2 pic.twitter.com/sDjXeLWeb8— Mortal Online (@MortalOnline) January 28, 2022
Other issues fixed in yesterday’s patch included issues in character creation that led to character body types wrongly proportioned and faces breaking due to an encoding error. For this, the team will eventually issue a fix that will work without rerolling (which they don’t recommend doing at this time0 but the broken faces will continue until that fix is live. They also performed some optimizations to reduce the strain on the server from overcrowded cities.
In non server and crash fixes, they’ve added some new wildlife to the world and added in zombies roaming near cities that don’t have graveyards.