RuneScape is celebrating its 18th anniversary with the big news that more people are playing series games than ever before. The explosive growth in the RuneScape's player numbers has been driven in large part by the release of Old School RuneScape on mobile devices in late 2018. Hand-in-hand with the OSR mobile release, Jagex revealed that more players than ever before are taking advantage of the subscriber option across all games.
- More than 5million installs of Old School RuneScape on iOS and Android since launch
- The RuneScape franchise achieved the highest ever paid membership total in its history over the Christmas period, surpassing previous record set in 2008
- Cumulative lifetime revenue for the RuneScape franchise passed $1billion
- Monthly active users more than doubled over the year with big gains in the last quarter
- Highest ever attendance for annual player convention RuneFest
- More than 100 new hires were added to the Jagex team
Want to know more? Head to the RuneScape site.