Yesterday Crystal Dynamics rolled out a new patch for Marvel's Avengers with a bunch of bug fixes, quality of life features, and increased rewards. In addition to the fixes and features, new content rolls out today in the form of Tachyon Rifts and a new outpost known as the Shield Substation Zero outpost.
In an effort to be more forthcoming with information, and slowly introduce new content to bring back players who have written off the game due to bugs and repetitive and boring end game content, Crystal Dynamics has released Tachyon Rift Missions that are aimed specifically at characters who have reached 140 and above. The Tachyon Missions will rotate different missions daily, but players will only be able to access them once per day.
The new outpost known as the Shield Substation Zero Outpost, will introduce new characters and some new narrative content. If they fall into the same category as the other two outposts, the Anthill and the Chimera, players may even have the opportunity for new vendors as well.
Patch 1.3.3 that rolled out yesterday was a supremely necessary patch that has provided a host of quality of life features and fixes that players have been looking forward to. Despite many of the fixes implemented in 1.3.3, there are still a lot of problems that are still pending, such as missing or leftover skill points on some characters, enemies still disappearing or being pushed outside a mission, as well as some abilities and perks not activating properly. Below is a short list of notable additions and fixes to the game, for a complete list, check out the official patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where Thor & Iron Man companions would become stuck in hover.
- Remote faction terminals are now available in Outposts. These devices allow collection of Faction Assignments and Villain Sector bounties without the need to visit each Faction Coordinator in person.
- Fixed rare issue where Black Widow would lose Veil of Shadows buff shortly after triggering.
- Refactored the modifiers Fisticuffs & Torpedo to only buff the player, not enemies
- Tuned heroic drain inflicted by SPIN Drones.
- Tuned Cryo Adaptoid slam attack.
- Implemented a fix that will retroactively grant Iron Man's iconic outfit for players who previously lost it due to a bug.
- Fixed an issue where one of Kamala’s gear pieces would drop an Iron Man perk.
- Improved Mega Hive Rewards. They now are guaranteed to give two exclusive exotic gear items and an increased amounts of upgrade modules upon completion.
- Tuned some Exotic gear to be power level appropriate when earned.
- Players will no longer occasionally get Power Level 1 Gear from Elite Hives.
Marvel’s Avengers has had its share of ups and downs throughout its short couple months of launch. Despite a fantastic first showing in our review, the game has not lived up the hype as a Game as a Service. Patch 1.3.3 definitely seems like a step in the right direction.