Wizards of the Coast has announced that the open beta for Magic: The Gathering Arena will kick off on September 27th. The game brings the much-loved card game to digital format "without compromising Magic's core gameplay".
What to expect from Arena
Arena is designed and built for digital gamers without compromising Magic's core gameplay. The game rewards those who love a challenge with skillful and exciting gameplay that is a visual feast - the game is as much fun to watch as it is to play.
Every decision you make matters in Arena. With thousands of cards available, new synergies to uncover, and new strategies to develop, there are plenty of decisions to make. Existing CCG players and Magic fans will love the depth of the game and find new challenges with every selection.
For those returning to the Arena with the Open Beta launch, there are some exciting new features:
- Bringing physical and digital together (limit one per account)
- Every Guilds of Ravnica Planeswalker deck will contain a unique code to unlock the same deck on Arena.
- Every Prerelease pack will contain a unique code to unlock entry to 1 sealed event on Arena
- Players can open Boosters and try and unlock 3 FREE boosters on Arena
- New Music, New Art, New Battlefields
- New Game Mode: Sealed Events
- New Card Set: Guilds of Ravnica
- Free Singleton Event Entry For All Players Until October 2!
Open beta will begin on September 27th at 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern. You can pre-load the game and learn more on the Magic: The Gathering Arena site.