The newest Lord of the Rings Online Producer's Letter is posted to the official site that provides the community with a forward look at what they can expect throughout 2019. Most notably, the game is moving to its next expansion. The story will wend its way to the Vale of Anduin to explore its lore and secrets before heading "back towards Mordor to Minas Morgul" where players will face off against Shelob to discover "how she is influencing the future of Middle-earth".
Other things the team will be working on throughout 2019 include:
- balancing the game's next expansion with the rest of the game without increased difficulty as is found in Mordor. However, those players who like to challenge themselves will be presented with instanced content that will scale across a number of tiers.
- devs are testing a 64-bit client that may be out as early as March
- continued iteration on class balance
- the expansion will feature a "robust update to Crafting"
- changes to the Virtue system to make it more "relevant
- additional ways for Kinships to advance and with rewards that groups can earn together
- the addition of an Instance Grouping feature
- improvements to the game for the Legendary Server