The arena season includes several improvements as well which includes new rewards, a new UI for leaderboards, a few PvP enhancements, and more. For example, two rewards are up for grabs if you earn first place in ranked brackets. For one, you can earn the Obsidian War Mount. And if you place in the top 10, you’ll receive a Champions Statuette.
Improvements to matchmaking are also included to better match you with opponents that are close to your own ELO ranking. This is to ensure encounters are fair, but still provide you ample challenge as you attempt to climb the ranks
PvP enhancements were also outlined which include the following:
- Sorcery damage no longer interrupts spell casting.
- Mage Armor prestige ability now casts instantly.
- Added “Reveal” as a sixth circle spell to reveal all objects within a radius of the caster.
- 6th circle spell, requires Lemon Grass and Moss to cast.
- Added to the inscription table, requires 1 ancient scroll, 2 Lemon Grass, and 2 Moss to craft.
- Requires “Line of Sight” to successfully reveal players/objects.
- Rules for revealing hidden players:
- Will reveal any player who the caster is in an active conflict with.
- Will reveal any player that is a criminal.