That bug was pretty bad if you happened to encounter it. Essentially, all your character data wiped. At the time, the team couldn’t replicate it and warned people to manually back up their character files. Thankfully, this latest patch sees a fix to that particular issue.
Additionally, world bosses Bonemass, Moder, and Yagluth have seen their difficulty increased. Vulkan support was also enabled for Windows machines. You can force it by entering “-force-vulkan” in the game launch arguments.
Other patch notes include:
- Crafting item-dupe bug fix
- Harpooned player & ship bug fix
- Fixed player ragdoll
- Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
- Moder music updated
- Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
- Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
- Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
- Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
- Shared map position setting is saved per world
- Updated network stats (F2)
- Building destruction drop-fix
- Vulkan support in windows builds
- Network disconnection bugfix
- Updated socket-backen
The game recently crossed over 4 million copies sold as it continues to storm through Steam.