The latest beta patch has been deployed to Paladins to bring the new Battlegrounds feature to the game. Hi-Rez announced its take on the battle royale genre last month during its fan festival. During a Battlegrounds match, up to 100 players are dropped onto a massive map in a fight to the finish. However, Hi-Rez has added some unique twists to its version of battle royale to set it apart from others.
Some of the unique features of Battlegrounds include:
- weapons and abilities with Ultimates available
- commitment to a single champion with skills and abilities growing stronger over the match duration
- items can be found that upgrade and augment champions
- more close range fighting options
- on "death", players transform into a chicken and avoid battle until a teammate can revive them
In addition to Battlegrounds, a number of other fixes and feature enhancements were included in the update as well as tweaks to various champions.
Check out the full patch notes on the Paladins site.