Larian Studios has issued Patch 1 for Baldur’s Gate 3 which went into Early Access last week. Here’s what’s in store.
UPDATE: Larian stated that they rolled back the game to the previous version.
We've reverted to the previous build while we solve the save issue experienced by some players. Please bear with us, but once reverted you should be able to continue playing. We'll redeploy the patch when fixed!— Larian Studios hasn't left character creation yet (@larianstudios) October 13, 2020
Original story belowThe team notes that they are continuing to work on feedback – both good and bad – as they work on the game. they also provided a heat map of sorts mapping out player deaths. The map has removed spoilers so you should feel free to take a look.
Improvements in this patch include:
- Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
- Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
- Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
- Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
- Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.
Bug fixes are aplenty but here is a selection of what was addressed:
- Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
- Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
- Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others players while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
You can check out the full patch notes here.