Kingdom Hearts is one of those series that has captured the...erm...hearts of fans everywhere. PC players can now join in on trying to understand the story as it was announced today that long-standing console series will be coming to PC as an Epic Store exclusive.
The Kingdom Hearts series, which started life on the PlayStation 2 back in in 2002, has seen a number of sequels and remixes over the years, and recently released its latest title, Melody of Memory in 2020. The series has been beloved by fans over the years, combining the worlds of Final Fantasy with Disney franchises - though Kingdom Hearts III had less Fantasy and more Pixar than anything else.
The games coming to the Epic Games Store on March 30th are as follows:
- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX - $49.99
- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.9 Final Chapter Prologue - $59.99
- KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind - $59.99
- KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - $59.99
To further break it down, KH 1.5+2.5 ReMIX will include the following titles:
- KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS II Birth by Sleep Final MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered Cinematics)
Confusing, yes? Welcome to Kingdom Hearts. Currently there is no indication as to exactly what PC-exclusive features these games will support, such as ultra-wide monitors, unlocked framerates and such. Also, it'll be interesting to see how well the series sells on PC, especially considering the prices for each installment versus the various package deals you can find on consoles currently (and the fact it's on Xbox Games Pass for Xbox consoles). The series will hit PC on the Epic Games Store on March 30th, with pre-orders starting today. Also, check out the official announcement trailer, which we've embedded below.