The EVE Online site has been updated with the news that the next content expansion, Into the Abyss, will be launching on Tuesday, May 29th. Players can expect a 30 minute downtime to deploy the patch starting at 3:00 am Pacific / 6:00 am Eastern. The expansion comes with new content to all areas of space as well as "stunning new environments that breathe new life and bring new content to all areas of space".
Players can expect to find:
- Abyssal deep space inhabited by the Triglavian Collective that includes new blueprints for "their radically advanced ships and weapons systems"
- mutaplasmids can also be found in the abyss that are "a new type of module mutation that can radically alter the properties and performance of modules in unpredictable ways"
- easier planetary interactions
In addition, players will find an increase in the recommended system specs for best play and performance. This is the first increase since 2013. The new specs are:
- OS: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel i7 Series or AMD Ryzen 7 series @ 3.6 GHz or greater
- RAM: 16GB or higher
- VIDEO: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 580 or better with at least 4 GB VRAM
- OS: Mac 10.13
- CPU: Intel i5 Series @ 3.8 GHz or greater
- RAM: 16 GB or higher
- VIDEO: AMD Radeon Pro 580 or better with at least 4 GB VRAM
Read more on the EVE Online site.