Human Head Studios Announces Summer Release of Viking Action RPG Rune II
Human Head Studios has announced that Rune II, an epic Viking action RPG, that has been in the works for several years will finally be released in summer 2019. Fans will be able to check out the game thanks to a special gameplay livestream taking place on May 24th. To celebrate the announcement of Rune II, devs have released a new video that "details Midgard's brutal chaos, filled with a wide range of vicious beasts and monsters looming in the many ages of darkness".
Rune II has been in development for "the last few years" and is based on the original Rune released in 2000. Developers promise that it is a story-driven brutal Viking experience where players will find evolved mechanics, open world events, crafting, and "UE4 enhanced visuals". The game can be played via single player or in cooperative campaign mode.
BECOME MIDGARD’S SAVIOR!
- Choose Your God - Kneeling atop the Divine Summit, the gods call to you. You are no mere mortal. With promises of power, glory and honor, each deity beckons you to join them. Which god will you choose to give you the strength needed to take down Loki and put an end to Ragnarok? And can they be trusted?
- Character Creation - You’ve survived Ragnarok thus far, now you must earn your right to enter the hallowed halls of Valhalla. Choose and customize a male or female warrior and embark on your quest to the Divine Summit.
- Open World Exploration - Traverse the world of Midgard in search of resources, artifacts and runestones to grow your power and uncover its mysteries..
ENTER THE MAD WORLD
- Quest Alone Or With Friends - Brave the end of days alone or invite fellow warriors to join your journey through Ragnarok. Sail a fleet of longships to overrun enemy fortresses, battle side-by-side against massive giants and vicious monsters, and stand as one force to face Loki himself.
- Brutal Chaos - Set in a rich world of Norse mythology, Ragnarok has driven its inhabitants mad. Only the most savage warrior will live. You must use any means to survive, including the bloodied severed arm of your enemy.
- Enemy Factions - Battle against Bandits, Cannibals, Giants, Dwarves, Surt Warriors, the Forsaken Einn Warriors, Draugr and more!
- Artifacts Of Midgard - Powerful artifacts can be found throughout the world, each with their own god-given power, revealing stories of Midgard, Ragnarok, and of the Gods themselves. Artifacts are the key to opening the Realm Gate where Loki hides, and can grant the power necessary to end his treachery once and for all.
BATTLE LOKI, THE TRICKSTER GOD
- The Ragnarok Timer - It is fated that Loki will die when Ragnarok ends. However, he has found a way to manipulate the flow of time and continuously resets the world, creating an infinite cycle of chaos.
- Perpetual Ages Of Darkness - Every time Ragnarok is reset, a new era begins, each filled with different obstacles: perpetual night, giant-filled lands, harsh ice-ridden landscapes, and more. You’ll need to traverse many ages before amassing the power needed to defeat Loki.
UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS
- Take Up Arms - Craft powerful armaments to survive the treachery of Ragnarok or take Flaming Greatswords and other magic-imbued weapons from the bodies of your slain enemies.
- Build A Boat - A worthy Viking longship to transport you along your quest.
You can learn more during the live stream event that will be held on Twitch on May 24th at 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern.
Check out the Rune II site to learn more.