Patch 1.04 has released for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC bringing about several improvements, including one which can increase CPU performance for some.
The CPU tweaks can improve performance up to 10% for some. Additionally, there are improvements to performance for camera cuts for both cinematics and conversations. Some additional fixes include color blending issues in HDR, fixes to mouse sensitivities, aiming, cutscenes volumetrics, visibility, and more.
Crash fixes were issued as well including:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when users would create a new game and their save game slots were full
- Fixed a startup crash related to temp folder
- Fixed an AI crash that could occur during combat
- Fixed an AI crash in the EventMessageHandler
- Fixed a crash related to WorldData sampling (the callstack would end in WorldMapData::SampleAtPixel)
The team acknowledges some known issues still persist with respect to memory errors, Aloy’s hair, some issues with anisotropic filtering, and some HDR implementation issues. You can read the full patch notes for Patch 1.04 right here.