H1Z1 announced the release of the new Outland map, out now.
The new map brings Season 5 with it and introduces four new vehicles and two new weapons.
- The Untamed: This fast, stylish, and powerful muscle car tears up the terrain with off-road tires and boosted turbo! Complete with seating for up to 5 players!
- The Torque: The quieter, classic sibling to the Untamed, the Torque barrels around enemies with little concern for what waits around the corner.
- The Gazelle: This two-seater cousin to the ATV offers a quick, slick, and frighteningly exposed get-up-and-go option for quickly traversing the winding corners of Outland.
- The Racer: Never one to be outshone, the five-seat Racer luxury sports car has speed and style in spades. This stylish sports car makes its full debut in all game modes.
- The Commando: This automatic assault rifle combines exceptional mobility with a high rate of fire, offering a mid-range alternative to counter shotgun rushers.
- The Heavy Assault: This powerful assault rifle offers a souped-up, fully automatic alternative to the KH and Marauder rifles that can be found in purple airdrops. It packs a helluva punch at mid-range but watch the recoil; it’s a beast to handle!
Additionally, new gameplay updates were patched:
- Solos, Duos, and Fives match countdowns have been reduced to 60 seconds.
- Crate or loot bag dropped items are now de-spawning after 120 seconds instead of 300 seconds (performance improvement)
- The chances of finding a combat shotgun in a purple airdrop has been reduced.
- The effective range of the EMP Grenade has been increased by 50%.
- Crossbow explosive damage against players has been reduced by 25%.
- The featured crates section now includes Tactical Outfits, Weapons, and Rides.
- 3 new female and 1 new male character models have been introduced in character customization.
- New weekly, daily, and tutorial challenges have been added to the game.
- Marketplace UI has been revamped, including the addition of the new Outfit Set tab.
- Players now take more damage after jumping out of vehicles moving over half speed.
- Player fall damage has been removed from the game.
Finally, some bugs were squashed.
- Weapon rarity/power rating appears correctly on weapons in combat training.
- Fixed reload animations while the player is crouching.
- Online ID displays correctly on the FFA match result screen.