Guild Wars 2 is receiving a pretty hefty skill and balance release tomorrow, May 11. Specifically, the team at ArenaNet notes that this update is meant to relieve frustrations with boons and conditions. These include new duration caps for boons and condition, a rework of retaliation and resistance boons, and more.
Boon and Condition updates include the following for Resolution, Resistance, and Torment:
- The Retaliation boon has been renamed Resolution.
- Incoming condition damage is decreased by 33%. Stacks duration.
- Unless otherwise specified, skills and traits that formerly granted or used retaliation now use resolution.
- Nondamaging conditions currently on the player are ineffective. Stacks duration.
- Deals damage every second. Deals additional damage to foes that are not moving. Stacks intensity.
Skills also received an update pass. For example, Engineer’s Scrapper will see the following:
- Kinetic Stabilizers has been reworked and renamed. It is now Kinetic Accelerators.
- Kinetic Accelerators: When you grant superspeed to a target, also grant quickness (2 seconds).
- Applied Force has been reworked to grant stability instead of quickness and to grant extra power from might. Players now gain stability when they gain might above the threshold. Might grants bonus power (10 per stack).
The rest of the update touches on virtually all profession skills. You can check out the full notes here. If you’ve waited to hop into Guild Wars 2 until after the Icebrood Saga saw its finale, you should definitely check out our thoughts on the matter here.
Looking ahead to the future, the third expansion is called End of Dragons and has a live stream set for July 27 where more details should be revealed. You can learn more here.