Innovative independent developer Whalebox Studios and publisher Viva Media have announced that a mech-based survival game Goliath will be present at Gamescom 2015.
The game explores survival in a world of giants and has some unique features.
- Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after you’ve learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools you need to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As you explore the world, you’ll learn more complex recipes for more advanced tools and weaponry.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer you different weapon and robot schematics, and you must choose which factions to align yourself with. Try to broker peace or rally your faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore prairies, forests, swamps, tundras and more, all with a complete dynamic day/night cycle and weather. Weather and terrain affect your robots, so make sure you have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Play through Goliath’s campaigntogether with a friend, or go head-to-head in arena PvP combat!
You can find out about the game on the Goliath official site.