The next extensive patch for Genshin Impact is set to bring a new character, Xiao, to the game along with a number of new weapons and events. The flagship event, Lantern Rite, will give players the chance to earn a free 4-star Liyue character of their choice.
The update also brings plenty of welcome changes, such as an increase in the amount of resin you can earn, adjustments to geo shields, character balance changes, controller support for iOS, and some quality of life features for enhancing weapons. During the Lantern Rite event, players will also notice a total of 26 world quests throughout Teyvat will be added. The update will have plenty to do that it would be far too long to name them all here, but you can read the entire list of changes in the version update notes, with a short list of notable changes below:
- From Version 1.3 onward, extra Fragile Resin rewards will be included in the BP system:Starting from BP Level 5, Sojourner's Battle Pass and Gnostic Hymn provide Fragile Resin ×1 every 10 BP Levels. The original rewards of Mystic Enhancement Ore provided at these BP Levels will be added to the rewards at other BP Levels instead, and the total quantity of Mystic Enhancement Ore that can be obtained from the BP system will not change.
- Optimizes the experience of moving the crosshair in Aiming Mode when the frame rate is low.
- Geo Shield balance adjustments:
- Geo Shields are adjusted from having "250% Geo DMG Absorption" to having "150% Physical DMG and Elemental DMG Absorption."
- This adjustment affects the following:
- The Geo Shield produced by Zhongli's Elemental Skill
- The Geo Shield produced by Noelle's Elemental Skill
- The Geo Shield produced upon picking up a Geo Crystal dropped by a Geovishap Hatchling
- Controller support added for devices running iOS 14 or above. Currently, the following controllers are supported: Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth Version), Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, PlayStation DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, some other Bluetooth Wireless Controllers designed for iOS.
- New conversion function on Crafting Bench: Combining some Character Ascension Materials with Dust of Azoth at a Crafting Bench lets you convert their Elemental Type.
- On the Weapon Enhancement screen, holding the selected material will add it rapidly.
These are just a few of the many changes headed to the game. Genshin Impact has been pushing out solid content updates regularly, and Update 1.3 is shaping up to be another great one.