The Last Autumn, the prequel expansion to Frostpunk, launches today.
The expansion launches today on PC and is available on Steam and GOG. In case you’re unfamiliar with The Last Autumn, the story takes place before the events of Frostpunk, where you’ll experience the events which lead to the icy cataclysm and the eventual construction of the Generator.
- A prequel story set in a new environment not yet covered by snow that allows players to construct the Generator from the ground up to prepare their society for the upcoming winter.
- A new Endless Mode variant -- Builders -- that redefines the challenges players will face by providing different setups and solutions.
- Two new Books of Laws allowing players to shape their society in previously unknown ways.
- New threats and issues to deal with such as toxic gases and workers going on strike.
- Influence society in creative new ways from establishing labour unions to outright manipulation.
- New technology tree, inventions to discover, and resources to obtain.
- 25 new buildings to construct such as docks, a telegraph station, a labour union building and more.
- New social classes including Convicts -- a cheap and obedient workforce.
- Discover even more new mechanics and tweaks to gameplay.